BLOG UPDATE #1

Hello blog readers!

Just a quick update for today. First, I hope you like the new layout! I found it fitting that this blog should have a clunky, old and very outdated look about it because being without a career is, as they say, very out of Vogue.

Secondly, life is progressing as normal. I've been applying for a couple of jobs by sending off my CV and getting the typical "your application has been recieved, we will review it and get back to your promptly". We all know that this chain e-mail is sent to hundreds of thousands of people a day but it, for some odd reason, makes hunting for a job better. At least there is a computer out there who wants to acknowledge you.

Thirdly, I want to apologise to the lady who works at Gentle dental care. I sent her an e-mail asking her what was wrong with my application compared to the other applications she recieved (note: I got rejected for this job because my application wasn't up to scratch) and upon reading it back I feel a bit rude. I didn't mean to come off as snippy, but as you know, job hunting is tiring sometimes!

Maybe tomorrow will be better, who knows? I'm going to visit some estate agents about moving out so that's interesting. Hopefully a ray of sunshine comes from that visit. 

As a side note, I'm going to be uploading a talk about CVs and the like. That's one thing I had such a problem with when I was first looking for a job two years ago, and since going back to college, have reviewed about one hundred times. I've come to the conclusion that there is no 'right' way to write a CV, but let's explore the avenues together! I might even start writing that now seeing as I jolly well can't get to sleep!

See you in another post, readers. Have a good morning, night or moon-howling for wherever you are in the world! 

0 comments: Post a Comment